<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

WARNING: INCREDIBLY LONG POST


Modus Operandi: Complete

Yes, the chair is finally complete.  Wrapped up.  Done.  Ended.  Finished.  Over and done with.  The CD-ROM and the form have been put into an envelope, sealed, and mailed over.  So therefore it ends here as far as the results of the competition is concerned.  Overall, I’m quite content with the way the whole thing turned out.  I think the time we spent on it hasn’t been wasted, and I think the fact that we did it within such a short deadline is something that can only be attributed to the grace of our Lord.

Meanwhile, the chair, named ‘Modus Operandi’, is now nestled invitingly in a corner of my front porch, ready for anyone to come by and have a little rest on.  So if you do come over and have a sitting, might I say that it is a product of great effort and coordination that the chair could make its way back to my house.  The whole deal of the matter is, I thought the chair would fit into the back seat of my car, so I called for them and brought my chair down.  However, when it arrived, I realised it couldn’t fit into the rear seat, or the boot for that matter.  So now we had a little problem on our hands…nevertheless, my mother called Auntie Michelle (not Michy da Boss, if you were wondering…;p) to drive her van to the Poly to pick up the chair.  So she came all the way from the middle of her dinner to the Poly to pick up the chair, then drive it all the way back to our place, and then finally back to her dinner.  What a sacrifice!  So down here I’d like to offer my sincerest thanks to Auntie Michelle and Uncle Eric for taking the trouble to fetch my little chair.  Thank you very very much.

On the topic of thanksgiving, I’d also like to thank the well known Mr Lam for putting a possible dent on my route to university, by giving me a generous C+ for Entrepreneurship, even though we’ve (as in the class generally, including me) put in so much time and effort into your subject even though it isn’t even anything close to a core subject.  We’ve, collectively, made prototypes, mock-ups, posters, presentation boards; we even went out of our way to interview store owners, get contacts of distributors, find warehouses, rental space, rental costs, do all sorts of calculations and tables and graphs and figures even though we had no idea what a “cash flow” was, we slogged up and down, even sacrificed some of time from our core subjects to meet your requirements, and finally we put up a decent report and presentation.  To say we are disappointed is a grave understatement. However, being the nice Christian guy that I am, I will be kind and not block you from my MSN.

Huff, now that is out, I only have to worry about being prosecuted.  Well, as you would have probably deduced by now, the results are out, and I can only thank God for what I have gotten.  Even though I was struck down with appendicitis and dengue, I still managed to get decent results come the end of the year.  This I cannot claim any credit for, all glory goes back to God above, who gives freely in His divine wisdom and grace to imperfect people like me.  Thank You Lord…

Well, continuing in the same vein, there seems to be a sudden disappearance of Distinctions this semester.  It’s weird…I haven’t seen a single Distinction from anybody.  Not from me, not from Jool, not from XL, not from Jessie, not from Crawly, not from any of the usual suspects.  Unless by some bizarre stroke of fate someone like Sheng Kee snatches all 8 Distinctions, other than that I can find no other explanation for the phenomenon other than the fact that they have abolished Distinctions this semester.  And even then…that’s pretty weird.

Oh, and ‘Burnt Holidays’ is officially complete.  Your pre-orders should reach you pretty soon, but please pay first as we are running short of cash.  Meanwhile, if you haven’t pre-ordered, you may now put your name on the order list, which means you will have to pay the full price of $7.  Meanwhile, those who pre-ordered will only need to pay the pre-order price of $3.  Do continue supporting Fuzzy Green Grass, and we hope that you will be looking forward to our next album, ‘Steak & Onions’.  Thank you.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?