<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday

And It All Went Badly Wrong...

It started out OK...a game of table tennis, a little chat over dinner...it was enjoyable, building up to what could be a great night of fellowship...then...

...I'm sorry...I'm sorry I didn't stop you when I had the chance...I'm sorry I didn't take your stuff when I saw it coming...Most of all, sorry that even after that I didn't do anything...I'm sorry I just stood there drinking my water...I'm sorry I just looked at you vent it all out in the water...I'm sorry I didn't even say a word to you after that, even when I could...I'm sorry I just stood far away and watched you cry...I'm sorry that for all the things I could have done...I should have done...and yet I didn't do...I'm sorry that all I thought about was about me and my face and making sure I didn't go in...I'm sorry I broke my promises to myself...I guess that's one of the worst kinds of promises to break...I'm sorry I chickened out instead of helping...I'm sorry at that vital moment I just couldn't take that step forward...instead I stepped back into inconspicuity...I'm sorry...

I guess I may just cry myself to sleep tonight...not because of anything you've done to me...but because of all the things I never did for you...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?