<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

After as much thorough and extensive research as could be gathered from a leisurely bowl of ban mian at Food Junction, Crawldaddy and I proudly bring to you...

The Top 10 Songs Not To Audition for Singapore Idol With:

10. Awesome God - Michael W. Smith
I love this song, but I just can't imagine ANYONE ever singing this for an audition, and I'm not even talking about the religious connotations. 'Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God. Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God. Our God is an awesome...'

9. Lonely - Akon
I'm sure sounding like a chipmunk on helium is the best impression anyone can give the judges.

8. I Shot The Sheriff - Eric Clapton
'I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot the deputy...' Brilliant lyrics which would have been much better with an actual melody.

7. Final Countdown - Europe
Actually wouldn't be too bad...if people could resist the urge to sing the synth riff. '...it's the Final Countdown, papaPAAA PAAA, papabupbupBAAAAAAAAAA...'

6. Macarena - Los Del Rio
A melody would be nice.

5. Toxic - Britney Spears
OK, if the melody is anything like this, then might as well forget the melody. At some parts actually sounds like Crawldaddy scraping his guitar string with his pick. *shudder*

4. Rollin' - Limp Bizkit
You know you've got a great song under you when the only word sung is 'Rollin'' and the whole melody consists of one note.

3. Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
Another song with such deeply meaningful and heartfelt lyrics as 'woof, woof, woof.'

2. The Name Game - Shirley Ellis
I cringe everytime I hear or see anything even remotely close to this song. I even had to go through psychiatric therapy to remove all traces of this song from my memory after doing research on it. And I'm not even a judge.

1. Tequila - The Ventures
*45 second pause* 'TEQUILA!' *45 second pause* 'TEQUILA!'...

Anymore suggestions or thoughts? Invade forth the tagboard.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?