<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday

Dumb Antics

Today was a celebration of dumbness in our society. Things got off to a bright start early in the morning, when I forgot to bring my dustcoat for model-making. For those of you who do not understand just how dumb that was, in the visionary words of Dave Barry, "in all due respect, your a looser". Model-making without a dustcoat is the equivalent of fencing without a hammer. So I had to wait for Crawldaddy to emerge before I borrowed his dustcoat, while he spent the rest of the morning with the Grand Master of Dumb Behaviour.

Speaking of dumb behaviour, this brings us to THE memorable event in DD 0402 as yet. Zhen Lin, Tijah, Joseph and I were cleaning up the machine room, when Joseph had a sudden urge to play Kung Fu with the vacuum bag. After punching and kicking it to no avail, he decided to (WARNING: The following description is graphic and may be unsuitable for young children) poke it. He penetrated the bag, leaving a hole in the vacuum bag, debris starting to fly out of the affected area. After a few tense moments of covering up, Tijah and Zhen Lin got together some masking tape to repair the injury. After patching up the hole, we placed the rubbish bin in a "strategic position" such that the masking tape can't be seen from most angles. I proceeded to note this down in my notebook, when Zai came in. "What's that?" he proclaimed, pointing in my general direction, and, to my shock, at the recently patched vacuum bag. I stood there stunned for a few moments, until he walked in my general direction and continued pointing...at my notebook. "Oh, it's a notebook." I replied as nonchalently as I could while the others tried darn hard to keep a straight face.

If you thought that was the end of the dumbness, you couldn't be more wrong. After Phua Tian Soon, we went to move our giant cardboard stuff up to Block M. My coin was already in Block M (in the words of Ayob, "Your ceiling is up there already!") so I help carry Jiaxiong's penknife up. To have a good idea what my class looked like, tune in to Central tomorrow night at 9:30 pm and watch Trigger Happy TV. Watch out for the giant handphone gag. Basically, we looked like we got our stuff from the same shop. Giant penknives, nail clippers, scissors, staplers, coins, vernier calipers, highlighters, mp3 players, keys, etc. all crossing the river that separates Block M from Block R. After placing Jiaxiong's penknife in Block M, we took the lift down, to find the rest of the class taking the lift up. What a magnificant opportunity to do something dumb. Namely, run up the stairs trying to reach the 6th floor faster than the lift. Alas, we were seconds away from achieving our goal.

After that, we returned to Block R, the scene where, in another moment of dumbness, Crawldaddy's classmates kicked a foam ball to bits. In retrospect, we recounted many incidents of dumbness that have enveloped our lives. From stories such as eating Char Siew Bao with the paper still underneath, to misdemeanours with school cupboard locks back in SAS, to playing tennis in the house and smashing the clock, etc.

We then had an argument on who was dumber. I won, naturally :D

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?