<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

The Beatitudes

1 Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him,
2 and he began to teach them saying:
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."


Today was an exceptionally blessed day for me. I thought I had it good when I went back to the Village to have a look around, have some fun at Youjun's house, but boy wasn't I prepared for what was about to happen.

My house was blessed with the presence of my cousin Jonathan, who was armed with the Word of God in his hand. We had a scintillating discussion after the reunion dinner, the 3 youths, me, Jonathan, and Joshua, as well as my uncles and aunties, and we debated over the Word of God. Tonight, the Spirit of the Living God touched our hearts through the words of Jonathan, and he reignited the fire of the Holy Spirit in me. Praise God for His wonderful work in us, now and is to come. Now I just got to get a pocket notebook to write some notes...

Jonathan talked about something important; with knowledge comes great responsibility. We who hear and know the Word of God have a responsibility to share what we have learnt for the encouragement and building up of others. May I and all who have heard God's Word from the mouth of Jonathan never forget this important lesson today.


Lord, may I be humble to Your Will, may I mourn with Your people, and with You, and may I have the self-control and the humility to give all the Glory back to You...

In the mighty Name of Jesus...Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?