<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday

Dinner At NYDC: Ocean's Twelve meets Survivor
The Psychology of 'Truth or Dare'

Rusty: You'd need at least a dozen guys doing a combination of cons.
Danny: Like what, do you think?
Rusty: Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Bowski, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever!
- Ocean's Eleven

It was meant to be a perfectly innocent dinner to celebrate a successful performance. What it turned out to be was an exercise in guilty pleasure, adding manipulating, backstabbing, and deceiving to gluttony.

It all started when someone just had to suggest playing Truth or Dare. Of course, anybody who knows me knows that I go into Richard Hatch mode when playing Truth or Dare. Or any other game for that matter...

But I digress...I was not the only one to go into Survivor mode. Almost everyone had a tactic. Mich and I played up our innocent reputations and used the "Go ahead, I've got nothing to hide!" tactic. Doc and I made an alliance even though I backstabbed him 3 times, but I was kind to him when it came to dares. Then, the Doc-Fart alliance systematically hit Mich after all the rest missed. Mich and Spewspittle had a tentative Godbro-Godsis alliance, but I'd say it wasn't all that reliable.

But of course, the main purpose of the dinner is obviously to EAT. Had 3 Amigos Baked Rice. Was BEAUTIFUL. Mm...yummy. Was satisfactorily filling, but the taste...mmm... After that, Apple Crumble. Again, heavenly taste, the only downside was that I had to surgically remove the raisins before eating, but it was well worth it.

After that, the 12 of us left the place, and I let the rest go to the MRT station while I went to Borders to look at the CDs. They still didn't have Ricky Skaggs: Live at the Charleston Music Hall, but I finally got the other CD of my dreams...Chris Thile's Not All Who Wander Are Lost!!! Beautifully heavenly music. Bluegrass meets Jazz meets Classical meets the craziest mandolin I've ever heard. Also, Bela Fleck on the banjo excellent as ever.

Played bass for SMC AY today. Now have blisters on my fingers. I think I played too hard. Anyway, this was the first time I played bass for SMC AY worship, and probably the last for a LONG time. For posterity's sake, here is the songlist:

Better Than Life
Now That You're Near
Times of Refreshing
Magnificant
Through It All
In Your Hands

Today's SMC sermon was on the Tsunami disaster. Basically 3 points were made.

1. Are you afraid to die? (Repentance and coming back to God)
2. Are you afraid the people you know will die? (Urgency in spreading the word)
3. Setting your priorities (Put God First)

"I believe the time for everyone to be born and die is in God's hands. If it's my time to die, I'm prepared. I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future...I was asked by a person today, 'Are you absolutely sure that you're going to heaven?' I said I'm absolutely sure. Not because of anything I've done; I've sinned. I'm going to heaven because of what Christ did on that cross, and the fact that God raised Him from the dead...What about you? Is there a doubt in your heart that if you died at this moment you'd go to heaven? Now is the accepted time. Today is the day of salvation. Come while you can!"
- Rev. Billy Graham

Are You Afraid to Die?

Are you a stranger to God
Carried away with your pride
Tell me sinner
Do you ever stop and think
Are you afraid to die

Are you afraid
Are you unsaved
Are you afraid to die

Call on Him while he is near
Moments are swift passing by
Will you seek Him
While He still may be found
Are you afraid to die

Are you afraid
Are you unsaved
Are you afraid to die

Are you too wicked to cry
Would you to Gods’ bosom fly
Soon He’s comin’
Like a thief in the night
Are you afraid to die

Are you afraid
Are you unsaved
Are you afraid to die

Are you afraid
Are you unsaved
Are you afraid to die

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?