<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday

Secret of Success = John Forbes Nash + Jason Bourne

Yesterday after school, I went down to COGS for some Christmas Dinner. Played some games (of course, I was way late so I only caught the last like 10 minutes...) before making our way to Orchard Marche with fellow crappers Josh and Ben (read: Do You Ramli?). After a slight fracas at Somerset MRT because of waiting under the No Waiting sign, we finally arrived at Marche. Underneath the Marche sign was a Movenpick sign. I wonder what this means; perhaps it means 'Move 'n' Pick'...

But I digress. We finally settled down and got our food. I ate 2 rostis, as well as some leftover mashed potatoes. Drank water from the tap. Literally. But I digress. Just about the middle of my second rosti, my table started playing Truth or Dare. After loads and loads of rounds, and loads and loads of crazy dares (read: Josh singing Gaudete across the partitioned area - and that was considered mild), everybody kena...except me and Ian. Fair enough, Ian said he was lucky. I on the other hand, don't trust luck. No, I escaped due to the particularly deadly mix of mathematics and psychology. Unlike, dear me, poor Isabel, who kena 4 times, several in a row if I got my facts right.

So, naturally, when we went out into the night, both of us were highly targeted, in particular by Beatrice's foam spray. However, I managed to escape yet again, while Ian was badly hit. For this particular situation, I relied yet again on Mathematics, in particular the usage of Geometry. However, when the number of sprays increased, I had to increase my arsenal to include stealth and speed. So, in short, the whole bunch of them just kept spraying each other, while I just watched from the sidelines. This continued until we reached Orchard MRT. Once there, Ben spotted me in the distance, unarmed and innocent-looking, and most importantly - clean. So he called up Josh and made his way towards me. I gave them a 'no-no' fingerwag, but they ignored it...and that's when the adventure began.

I made for the station when they both lost concentration at the same time, then made for the far exit, then made a sweeping curve around the pavement, eventually ending up on the other side of the pavement while they gave up on me and continued attacking their other attackers. I continued watching from the distance. Then...I was spotted. Michelle saw me. I saw her lips move. "Alvin's there..." Not that I didn't trust her, but as the saying goes, "All's Fair in Love and War." And this was war.

I made new calculations for a new route, making sure there was no room for a surprise attack behind me. Then I ran for it, finding a cove behind a CCIS tent. Then I recalculated the rest of my route. I climbed the low wall and made across the grass patch towards the rear of the station. Then I slowly and silently went down the stairs and took a seat in the distance as I continued watching them fight it out beneath me.

Eventually, they went into the underpass to cross the road. I followed behind warily. This was no time to let my guard down. Finally went up back to road level, and there was a stage. So we stood there to watch. Then I realised I was standing next to Doc, and he said, "Hey, you're clean, that's not fair."

Well, guess what...it was.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?