<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

Man, what a blast.

Yesterday went to pack up the Robotics Lab, stuffed everything in sight into cardboard boxes. Oh, and folding and sealing the boxes was cool too. By the end of the day (12:30 pm), we had finished packing close to 33 boxes. So after that, came home for lunch, before packing my banjo to go jam with the SMC guys.

Reached SMC at 2:30pm, and started with a bit of light jamming with Haryanto and Tombro. Eventually, all the guys arrived, the full attendance was me, Haryanto, Tombro, Eric Tan, Simon, David, Andrew, Nicholas, and Matt. Jammed a good lot of songs, including, but not limited to: One Way, Free, Everyday, My Best Friend, Rock of Ages, I Believe, Unto You, Consuming Fire, etc. After that, played footie in the room. It was fun, not competitive at all, but it was really fun, and I finally had some practice on my shooting.

After that, went to play LAN with the guys, they played Warcraft, I played FIFA 2002 with Simon. After that, dinner at PS foodcourt. Then, went to the arcade to look at people play. Then finally we made our way to Matt's house.

Took a good long time trying to get WE8 working, I dropped my banjo with my father and prepared for a good night ahead. Aside from a slight backache from carrying that heavy banjo all through the night, it turned out to be exceptionally enjoyable. Basically, we played WE8 all through the night and the early morning. Scored an absolute screamer with Michael Hughes for Northern Ireland, dribbling from behind the halfway line through the entire Republic of Ireland team. After a few warm-up matches, we played a league. I used Liverpool (naturally), Matt used Chelsea, Simon used Real Madrid, Haryanto used AC Milan, and David used...Leicester City. Basically, due to my style of play, my matches always end up being very exciting to watch. First match, got thrashed by Simon 3-0, then an absolute blockbuster match against Matt. Both keepers were on top of their game, and it seemed destined to be a 0-0. However, we just kept throwing in chance after chance after chance. Eventually, against all odds, Cisse's long piledriver found the back of the net. Then, just minutes after that, Chelsea equalised due to dreadful defending. Then, Liverpool pulled one back again, another piledriver to Cech's near post, but then, in stoppage time, Chelsea equalised yet again. The WE8 match of the day. Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea. Then, a draw against Leicester and a 1-2 loss against AC Milan, and that was the end of the league. League order:

1. AC Milan
2. Real Madrid
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Leicester City

So anyway, after that, it was time to watch the Champions League matches. We were channel-hopping between Roma-Madrid and Liverpool-Olympiakos. We eventually settled on the Liverpool match because the Madrid match was...so...slow... The Liverpool match was the exact opposite. It was moving so fast it was hard to keep pace. Had a big blow in the first half. 0-1 down from a Rivaldo free kick, and Monaco scoring goals for fun against Depor. What followed was...I won't say the best comeback, but I'll definitely say it's Liverpool's most important comeback. And what a goal by Gerrard. What a goal.

So, finally after the shock wore off, continued playing WE8 with Haryanto until just about 8 am, then it's off to school time. A bit of breakfast, then it's off to the bus stop. As expected, fell asleep on the bus. Then, fell asleep in the Robotics Lab. This was hilarious. I dozed off on the chair next to the partition, and my head kept knocking the partition. Bonk...bonk...bonk... So anyway, after I woke up, we finally got the rest of the boxes complete. Took QCR home after one last look at the RoboLab. 1 and a half years of robotic success in that little room. Ah well, SAV, HERE WE COME!!!

So anyway, got home, had lunch, then slept at abt 2 pm. Had a nice long deep snooze. Was interrupted halfway by a phone call. My maid was screaming from downstairs, "ALVIN, YOUR PHONE!" and I was like 'Wo0t? Alvin, you're stoned?' Until eventually I got the message I picked up the phone.

"Hey this is Mich, you know the CCIS rite, it's been changed from the 19th to the 18th, so we'll have to meet at 4pm on Saturday, which is when we're supposed to meet anyway so..."

"Uhuh...uhuh...uhuh..."

"...like that, so is that OK?"

"Uh...ya...OK..."

"OK then, bye."

"Uh...ya...bye..."

*puts down phone*

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

So yah, I was darn tired. In fact, I barely just woke up when I started blogging. So that's about a 5 hour nap. :D

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?