<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday

One of those days...

You ever had one of those days? Those days that just never work out for you? Well I just had one today.

First thing in the morning, woke up late...again. Don't know just what is the problem with Sunday mornings...so we reached church late again. Anyway, after service, was preparing to go up and see Mich's new bass...so I was going to ask for permission from my parents, but they were chatting away and I didn't get a chance to say anything...so when I saw Mich going up with the black bass case, I just took my chances and followed along with Yiwei. I was already upstairs, I was literally metres away from the door, then I decided I'd better ask permission anyway because me + bass = not letting go for a long time. So I went downstairs, and of all things bumped into my father. "What are you doing here, let's go, we're going now." "NOW?" "Yes, quick call your mummy..." In my heart I was like 'DARN' as I followed my family back to the car. Something made me look over my shoulder as I was walking back. Mich was looking at me go. There was this expression in her face I can't quite place. I was speechless. Literally, there was a lump in my throat. Even now I can't really describe what I felt. Whatever it was, it didn't feel good.

So anyway, followed my family to Ikea for breakfast. Just had a soup, didn't have much mood for anything else. At St. Matt's, tried loosening up with the electric guit and the bass and the football. Neither really worked. In fact the bass made me feel kinda worse. Gutted, really. Had lunch while it poured. When the rain went down, we made our way to NUS. Then it started to pour again. Just changed anyway. The rain didn't stop. Finally my parents came to pick me up. Went to Jurong to play table tennis. They ran out of bats. So we just went down for a look. It was packed. I was gutted. So we made our way back home. Then...of all things...IT STOPPED RAINING!!! By then I had resigned myself to the notion that it was just one of those days...

Now getting ready to go for dinner at Jeffrey's place. Frankly, I can't think of a single thing to do there, especially since Matt has booked in...as Ilango so eloquently put it...today really sian diao...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?