<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday

If you were wondering how I voted, these are my votes:


Miss of the Year

Alvin Chee vs YE @ COGS Field

Point blank in front of the goal, a perfect cross from my right, and an airshot. Find me a better miss than this.

Save of the Year

Simon Chow vs Alvin Chee @ St. Matthew’s Church Joy Room

Probably one of the best penalty saves I have ever seen. He was standing at his left post, preparing to dive to his right. I shot straight to the left post. He had already started to dive to his right. Then, just as the ball was going in, he stretched out his left hand and pulled his upper body to his left. A touch and the ball rolled harmlessly away from goal, while he remained slumped at his right post.

Goal of the Year

Tombro O’Brian @ Tanjong Pagar Street Soccer Court

A volley into the top corner on his debut. What more can you ask?

Player of the Year

Chol Jun

Single-handedly tore SAJC to bits in the 'A' div finals. Pure class on a cool head.

Goalkeeper of the Year

Simon Chow

Fending off the challenges from the perenially impressive Ilango and new signing Deron, Simon has held his own, and has pulled off his fair share of impressive saves. Although technically not as good as either Ilango or Deron, his number of appearances do it for me.

Match of the Year

SAS vs ACS(I) (Police Cup)

SAS snatching the 'C' div crown from ACS(I) with a resounding 10:7 performance. Combine that with the atmosphere created by the blue-and-whites, and you've got a real contender for Match of the Year.

Song of the Year

Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith

Although some may disagree, I think this is the most uplifting song I've ever heard. Was my personal defining moment during Festival Of Praise, and even just practising it with the SMC Band affirmed just how beautiful this song is.

Busiest Person of the Year

Michelle Cheam

Take a VJC student, throw in a triple Olympic gold winning school choir member (held in Bremen, mind you), throw in piano and bass playing and choir duties for church, add in piano AND clarinet exams, add in founding member of church acapella group, as well as Philharmonic Winds, Singapore Youth Orchestra, and a certain Christmas Celebration In Singapore, and you start to wonder how in the world she finds time for Rugby training.

Pianist of the Year

Pheobe Kwan

When someone starts playing along to someone who just starts singing impromptu in perfect pitch and chording, you start to wonder whether you actually know how to play a piano.

Guitarist of the Year

Wong Shaohui

What can I say? Repertoire, skill, and a certain Stairway solo. Not forgetting of course the violin bow and the crazy electric guitar version of 'Majulah Singapura'. This guy is one of the best.

Drummer of the Year

Simon Chow

The steadiest beat in SMC as well as the coolest roll for Free, his consistency once again does it for me.

Bassist of the Year

Michelle Cheam

This gal can play some riffs. The best thing? She makes them up as she goes. Creativity and skill all rolled into one.

Banjo-Picker of the Year

Alvin Chee

What can I say? I'm the only one in town. Unless some people want to challenge my monopoly in this category, I dare say I'll be winning this one for a long time...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?