<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

Tower Records and the Shock of the Day

After another late evening of war between penknife and cardboard (Read: Ayob) my parents picked me up from school again to bring me out for dinner at Suntec City to celebrate me getting 123 for Grade 8 (that means Certificate of Merit, and if you don't know what THAT is...well...it means I passed) After a sumptuous dinner at Kenny Rogers, I made my way to Tower Records to look for CDs and...lo and behold...the shop was cut in half! Then I looked for the Country section. Took me about half and hour...then I realised there was NO Country section. I literally stoned there for a few minutes...Then I noticed...Bill Monroe. There sitting pretty amongst such distinguished names such as...I don't know, Bush Whacko Mud Flingers or something like that. And so I looked around...Behind the crude imagery of Green Day was...George Strait. Behind the spooky symbols of Megadeth lay...Marty Stuart. The Eagles led to Earl Scruggs, Tammy Wynette to Three Doors Down...it was quite an experience, I tell you now. Eventually settled on the soundtrack to Oh Brother, Where Art Thou and John Denver Greatest Hits. But it ain't no ordinary Greatest Hits album. It's remastered, and also features a second disc including some unreleased material and...acoustic versions of Annie's Song and Calypso. Yes, just Denver, a guitar, and a mandolin. It's just heavenly. Pure beauty. What else can I say, just the perfect end to my day.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?