<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

I FINALLY FINISHED MY 1.1M DIAMETER 5 CENT COIN!!! YEAH!!!!!!
Now only left with the journal, just add in a few more stuff here and there and I'm done.

Woke up REALLY late today. Had breakfast at just about 11.30 am before making my way to school. By the time I reached they had all gone for lunchbreak and I had the whole studio to myself to work on the edge of my coin. Ayob has finally come back from his reservist. So he popped in to look at my coin. "Ooo, fantastic...it rolls!" I just chuckled at his amazement. So back to the edge of my coin...then...the dreaded sound...

CLOMP, CLOMP, CLOMP, CLOMP...
Me: "Oh crap, it's Zelda..."
Zelda: "HEY...WORKING ON YOUR COIN AH?"
Me: "Yes. By the way have you eaten lunch yet?"
Zelda: "YA I EAT ORREDY!"
Me: (quietly) "Crap..."
Crawldaddy: "Hahahahaha"
Zelda: "WHAT?"
Me: Nothing, inside joke."
Crawldaddy: "Yeah, VERY inside joke."

Then she finally left us alone in peace.
5 minutes later...and...

CLOMP, CLOMP, CLOMP, CLOMP...
Zelda: "Alvin, can I borrow your ruler? I use only 5 seconds only."
Me: "Fine..."
Zelda takes my ruler and moves to her area.

I finally got the ruler back 5 minutes later.

This happened twice. The second time she even had the nerve to say "See, very fast, I finish less than 1 minute you know..." I went, "Yeah, VERY fast..." The guys from Crawldaddy's class were laughing their heads off.

So, anyway, after that, I finally managed to finish the edge of my coin, and I went to study for Communication Skills test...and laughed my head off Chapter 6.

Chapter 6 was on Interpersonal Communication a.k.a. conversational skills. It was supposed to be the "handbook" for conversations...thing is, it's so stilted that if we followed that thing by the book, you would have conversations like these:

How do you do? Pleased to meet you. I don't believe we have met. I'm .... Are you a friend of the bride or groom? What brings you to Singapore? You look a little lost. Perhaps I can help you? I'm sorry David, but I can't do it tonight. My sister is in hospital and I promised to look after her three little children. It's been nice talking to you. Please help yourself to the food/drinks.

Anyway, back to the topic. The test was relatively hard. I'll be happy with a B for Comm Skills...

So anyway, we had dinner at Mac's before we went back to the studio to work on Ayob. Kam Yew walked through the door, and let go of the handle...the door struck Jool on the face! The whole class was whirling with laughter as Jool tried to calm himself down and stop himself from laughing too much. He was not hurt in the incident. So, Wild Mushroom Pasta for dinner then it's back in the studio.

Crawldaddy was already hard at work on my coin. I don't know why he's working so hard at it...it's my project, not his, but I'm not complaining ;) After the final bits of glueing and trimming, it was time to hand it up. The paper said to hand it up at R 205. So we left the studio with the big gigantic 5 cent coin in search for R 205. So we walked to the meeting rooms...R 210, R 211...then we moved to the computer lab area...R 216, R 217...then we cut through the workshop...yes, me and Crawldaddy, navigating through the workshop with seniors hard at work on their workpieces with a giant 5 cent coin. It was comical I can tell you that...so that was R 218, and we were back at the meeting room area. Finally, light dawned upon me. I knew where R 205 was, and Crawldaddy wasn't going to be liking it...

Me: "I think I know where R 205 is..."
Crawldaddy: "Where?"
Me: "Just follow me..."

And I proceeded toward the drawing rooms. R 208...R 207...and finally, R 205.

We were back at the studio.

As we made our way back into the studio, everyone was asking us, "I thought you were looking for R 205?" To which I replied, "Yes...this IS R 205..."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?