<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday

Well, what a long time it has been. First off, thanks to Eric the Kungfu Master and Sam the Revolution for coming down for the SAJS gathering, and of course to Vignesh de Americana and Mr Tham for gracing my humble house. It was a great time of fun and games (Robot Wars and FIFA 2004) and I really enjoyed myself, especially with you people whom I don't get to meet very often, and especially Vignesh de Americana, who is perpetually stationed in America and our only communication is via MSN. Really looking forward to our next reunion!

Yesterday, played against some VS alumni. They came back to their old ground for some footie. Meanwhile, Joshua the Manc and I were training at the trees near the tuckshop, and they invited us to play. We, of course, agreed. When we left, the score was 4-3, Joshua the Manc and I both scoring for the winning team. The first goal: I took a shot from some way out, the keeper palmed it away, but my teammate pounced on it and scored a controversial goal. Second goal: My through pass found Joshua the Manc and he curled it towards goal. The keeper got a touch to it, but it was not enough to prevent the goal. Third goal: Own goal, our corner was headed in by an opposing defender. Just before half time, the 4th goal. A real skilful dark skinned guy from the opposing team rifled a shot into the near post. 3-1 at half time. The dark skinned guy scored again, lashing an unstoppable shot from a cross. Just before I left, I latched on a pass from the keeper, pushed it past a defender and outran him before cutting in and curling in my goal. 4-2. Just as we left, a long piledriver went just over the keeper, but the goal was counted. 4-3 final score when we left. I liked that match, both Joshua the Manc and I scored against the ex-Victorians. Possibly a grudge match (Remember VJC vs SAJC...), and we performed admirably.

Finally, I've got my favourite Dave Barry book "back", thanks to Terence the Hulk. Thank you for the book. You didn't have to buy another one for me, yet you felt compelled to for losing mine, and for that you have my respect.

Tomorrow...Euro fever culminates...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?