<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday

Getting used to my new position as a goalkeeper. Fine-tuned my closing down one-on-ones and shot-stopping. Played back in school with 2E 2002, ended off with the Scorpion Kings vs the rest, first to 5, me keeping for the rest. After letting in 3 soft goals (including one through my legs Ian Walker style...), I finally showed them what I'm made of. Pulled back with 3 goals before half time to bring the half-time score to 3-3. After half-time, possibly the best goalkeeping display I have ever produced, and some of the best saves I've ever pulled off. The first: Gabes the Skilful unleashed a killer powerful shot to my near post. It hit my hand and bounced wide. The second: Mun Hon the Powershooter drove one to my right post. I palmed it away from the goal. Inbetween those 2 saves, we scored another, 4-3. Finally, we scored the winner, and we had defeated the Scorpion Kings, and I had a second half to remember.

Dave Barry's Words of Wisdom:
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?