<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!

The first day of the SAS Robotics Club Internal Competition was REALLY REALLY FUN! Especially seeing bots getting pitted. All my original fears proved to be unfounded (Praise the Lord!) and all the teams managed to get a robot up and running by the start of the competition.

The friendlies weren't much, but it was never really important anyway. More important was the start of the competition, which was after lunch. I was in the first match against Quantum Enforcers. Bad start: Didn't manage to knock down the bumper on my side, they did. So they were ahead 25 - 0. Then I almost went into the pit TWICE, but managed to stay out. Meanwhile, they got stuck, and were immobilised, so I squeezed through a 25 - 50 win. After the next few rounds of matches, Match of the Day. Razer vs The Loners. Razer knocked down his bumper, while The Loners just spun around aimlessly. However, Razer got stuck, while The Loners were still moving. We were counting down the 10 seconds for Razer's immobilisation...10...9...8...7...6...5...then The Loners suddenly went full speed ahead...into the pit. Talk about a close shave! The closest to that was me vs Raptor. Right at the start, both bots knocked down our bumpers. I actually carried it around on my wedge. Then...I wedged myself under the black line/tape. I wasn't moving, so they were counting down. Then, Raptor slammed into me, then turned and drove straight into the pit. Another close shave. One of the most interesting matches of the day, Think! vs Robodudes. Think! knocked down his bumper, and so did Robodudes. Then, Think! basically went forward-backward-forward-backward...while Robodudes got immobilised on the wall. After the match ended, Robodudes split in half. So Snowstorm the Technical Director had a nice time counting the dropped pieces. Looking forward to tomorrow's matches. Raptor vs Quantum Enforcers at 10am, then 2 matches after that...the big one...Wheely Big Cheese vs Quantum Chaos 4: Ionised Carnage...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?