<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday

I'm not going to talk in the 3rd person today. I'm not in the mood for frivolities.

I don't think I'll be taking my Grade 8 piano this year. Basically, I messed up my mock exam. Bad. Scales started alright...until I made my first mistake. Then I went into paranoia mode. After the name of the scale was read, I basically freezed over the piano for >30 seconds before playing. And still played it wrong. I knew it. But I still played it wrong. BAD start. Then, exam pieces. A1. Started off fair enough. Then messed up the turn page. Then went into paranoia mode again. Fumbled my way through to the end. Bad. B7. Went along fairly enough. Then, the examiner stopped me halfway through the song. At that point I knew it was all over. Went through the rest of the "rituals", sight-reading, which was a disaster (I played in the wrong time signature...) repertoire pieces, Bach fugue was a complete disaster, got lost through my modern piece in the 8th bar, basically, I think I flunked it all completely.

God was telling me, "Have faith." And I'm like...what kind of faith? Faith that I'll pass? Or faith when I fail?


Still

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?