<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday

Easter Sunday.

Service at COGS was...interesting. Processional hymn was one of my favourite hymns. (I remember I used to hum it in class and everyone around was asking me to shut up...) After that, the choir presented the Resurrection Fanfare...one of the best songs the choir has presented in my opinion. After that, we had this really really really really good saxophone player, who played us this ridiculously good rendition of Amazing Grace. Great testimony too. Another good sermon today, on the Resurrection of course. Basically, the message is about telling us not to worry, not to focus on your troubles and shortcomings, but instead turn to face the Lord, because he is alive, and he is God, and he will take care of everything...just obey and trust. Messed up Communion song...only the first part...but bad enough.

Today was spring-cleaning in SMC. But before that, worship. Was led by Ilango the Forgiven...his first in Agape Youth. Nevertheless, still good...could feel the spirit of God among us in the room. Highlights: Lord I Lift Your Name on High...in fast mode...especially with just the drums and the vocals. Slow worship was just awesome. You Laid Aside Your Majesty and Because He Lives fit together really well.

Now, onto spring-cleaning. We were separated into 2 groups. One to do the outside of the church and one to do the Youth Room. I was assigned to do the Youth Room. We basically moved everything to the centre and swept up the sides. EVERYTHING. Including the piano. When we were cleaning, you would not recognise the room AT ALL. We opened up the windows...I didn't even know our room had a balcony! Because we had to clean the windows too, we switched off the air-con. We even dug out the old dusty termite-infested organ...and it actually worked! Anyway, we finished off about 2 pm, moved everything back to where it was supposed to be...and totally revamped the worship band corner. Can't wait to jam on Free with the new instrument arrangement...Finished off Youth Service with You Laid Aside Your Majesty again. Jammed a bit after that on Andrew the Captain's CD...THAT CD ROCKS!!! But it's not my type. But would love to play like that, though...

Lunch opposite after that. Fried Rice, as usual. Then, went to play basketball. Did my Gordon Banks stuff. Actually worked sometimes. Other times was a complete, total and utter flop. Then played street-soccer with a deflated beach ball. Burst it. Do I really kick that hard? Anyway, that meant the end of street-soccer so I went back to basketball. Then, we finally got a football. Street-soccer was...interesting. Went 4-0 down very early. Then, we fought back, I scored 2, the score was back up to 4-3. Anyway, that wasn't the interesting part (although I do like scoring...) Hanto the Temperate was a bit tropical today. Kept shoving me and kicking me hard in the shins. Also ramming at me for no apparent reason. Was really scared when I was placed as goalkeeper (I'm hopeless at goalkeeping...) True enough, other than letting in lots and lots and lots of goals, I was the target of obsessive ramming from Hanto the Temperate. I have no idea why. I just hope this will pass. We have a football match next week...

Found my way to Chinatown MRT, my parents fetched me from Serangoon MRT, Ban Mian for dinner, then back home.

Pele and Garrincha in FIFA 2004. Plans to include Franz Beckenbauer soon.

You conquered death...you conquered sin...you resurrected from the dead...then you ascended into heaven...your ways are beyond me, Lord...help me to trust wholeheartedly in you...


Christ the Lord is Risen Today

Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Lo! the Sun's eclipse is over, Alleluia!
Lo! He sets in blood no more, Alleluia!

Vain the stone, the watch, the seal, Alleluia!
Christ hath burst the gates of hell, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids His rise, Alleluia!
Christ hath opened Paradise, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once He died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ hath led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

Hail, the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia!
Praise to Thee by both be given, Alleluia!
Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia!
Hail, the resurrection day, Alleluia!

King of glory, Soul of bliss, Alleluia!
Everlasting life is this, Alleluia!
Thee to know, Thy power to prove, Alleluia!
Thus to sing and thus to love, Alleluia!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?